What to do with lags and friezes

Deazer

Head Developer
Staff member
When you have small lags and friezes on the server appear on your server, there are several reasons that lead to them and I will describe the solution for you.
1. Increase the memory of the game server process, the default is 3gb (stupid to start and drive 20 windows).
This is make in the WinOS file:
StartGameServer.bat
By default, for tests (the server immediately loads geo, scripts, etc., there is practically nothing left for the players):
Code:
java -server -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Xmx3G -cp config;./* l2.gameserver.GameServer
Optimal for 1k online:
Code:
java -server -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Xmx5G -cp config;./* l2.gameserver.GameServer

This is make in the * NIX file:
GameServer_loop.sh
By default, for tests (the server immediately loads geo, scripts, etc., there is practically nothing left for the players):
Code:
java -server -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Xmx3G -cp config:./* l2.gameserver.GameServer > log/stdout.log 2>&1
Optimal for 1k online:
Code:
java -server -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Xmx5G -cp config:./* l2.gameserver.GameServer > log/stdout.log 2>&1
Code:
cmd > ping server.ip
и
Code:
cmd > tracert server.ip
or the player is not able to master such processes. Downloading https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/ enters the IP of your server and sends you a report that generates this software. The data is passed to your operator’s provider, so that they either optimize the route or send it to ass. Then let this player download https://www.battleping.com/

I had multiple reports of lag+delay on one client and not in the other one while using dualbox.
The first client lags, and the second doesn't.
Is it there something regarding on packetFilter?. I didn't find an explanation.

Thanks!

I had multiple reports of lag+delay on one client and not in the other one while using dualbox.
The first client lags, and the second doesn't.
Is it there something regarding on packetFilter?. I didn't find an explanation.

Thanks!
Nope, that is not about packetFilter. That is PC issue. packet filter works separately for each connection and does not group on any attribute like IP or HWID

Back