I need to use a load balancer to route the client calls through my game server.

brabo

Vagabond
Hi Guys,

smiley.gif
If this is not the correct area, please let me know.

I hope you can help me with a challenge...
I need to use a load balancer to route the client calls through my game server.
To do so, I set up the load balancer with two listeners, one listener to port 2106 and another listener to port 7777.
Then, in the same load balancer, I created two backend sets: a backend set called "backend2106", which forwards to the game server port 2106 whats been received in LB port 2106. In the same way, I create another backend set called "backend7777", which forwards to the game server port 7777 whats been received in LB port 7777.

As per my understanding, the client app operation goes to port 2106 looking for authentication (Step #1) and, once authenticated, goes to port 7777 to start the game (Step #2).
When I point the client app directly to the game server, everything works fine. When I point the client app to the Loadbalance IP, just Step #1, I mean, the authentication process, works fine. Step #2, which should be the game start keeps trying to connect but no response... Therefore, I believe that the first call touches LB port 2106 and then is successfully forwarded to the game server port 2106, however, for some reason the same does not happen with port 7777.
Does anybody have a clue on this? I mean, is that possible that the second call is not passing through the LB for some reason?

Note: before somebody starts asking... I need such LB to be able to create some Web application Firewall (WAF) access rules regarding origin territories.

Back